A dark period (also known as bad user period) is an event when a good user that is usually considered good by many, ends up being considered going downhill by many, due to an action(s).
This period may or may not go away by itself and in some cases repeats itself.
Examples of dark user periods
A good example of this for those on ESB, 120d can be a good example of this, when he used to just make good edits and not chat often, but he later became infamous for his method of blocking users, and giving harsh warnings to them as well.
Causes of a dark user period
- When something doesn't go their way
- Pressure from other users.
- Feeling rebellious.
- outside problems (i.e. family issues)
- sometimes, even time itself
- past drama that happened, that that user left in the past